- Jan Serakjserak@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Jan is WI FACETS’ CEO - Founder, Co-Director of the OSEP-funded Parent Training and Information Center and also of the Region 4 Parent Technical Assistance Center. She received her M.A. in Dispute Resolution/Educational Psychology from Marquette University and B.S. from UW-Madison. She is a partner in the WI Special Education Mediation System, serves on the Advisory Board of the National Center on Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE), and chairs the OSEP State Advisory Panel/ICC Advisory Group. Jan is a member of the Quality Education Coalition, national IDEA Partnership Creating Agreement Team, and North Central RtI TA Collaborative. Jan is a private practice mediator, strategic planning facilitator for nonprofit organizations, and trainer on early conflict resolution. She has two adult sons (Ben, who has autism, and Jeffrey) and passionately believes that every child deserves a chance to shine.
- Courtney Salzercsalzer@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Courtney Salzer is the Executive Director at WI FACETS. She also serves as the Co-Director of the OSEP funded Parent Training and Information Center (PTIC) and the Co-Director of the Region 4 Parent Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).. Courtney received both her Bachelor’s Degree and Law Degree from Marquette University. She also possesses a Professional Certificate in Non Profit Management from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Prior to her work with WI FACETS, Courtney was an attorney in private practice, where she did a variety of civil litigation including school and special education law. Courtney also spent five years working for the Wisconsin Special Education Mediation System. Courtney is a frequent Instructor in the Nonprofit Management Program at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and has also served on area non-profit Boards of Directors. Courtney and her husband are the parents of two amazing young children.
- Cheryl Petersoncpeterson@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Cheryl Peterson is the Accounting Director for WI FACETS. She has over 20 years of experience in accounting and finance. She received her Bachelors’ Degree from Alverno College. She also holds an MBA in Finance and a Masters of Accounting and Financial Management from Keller Graduate School of Management. Prior to working with WI FACETS, Cheryl worked for other non-profit organizations in the local area where she was responsible for various accounting and finance functions. Cheryl also owns a local business with her husband.
Administrative Services Coordinator
- Sandra McFarlandsmcfarland@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Sandra McFarland is the Administrative Services Coordinator for WI FACETS. Sandra provides secretarial support to the WI FACETS Administrative Team. Sandra has over 23 years of Customer Service experience and 15 years’ experience in the Administrative Field. She received her Associate’s Degree in 1997 for Administrative Assistance from the Milwaukee Area Technical College. Sandra has an extensive amount of training related to Customer Service, Data/Records Management and Effective Communication Strategies. Sandra provides secretarial support for all of the clergy staff and members at her church. Sandra is the sister of a young woman who was deaf, and she is the mother of two boys.
- Victoria Davis Dávilavdavisdavila@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Victoria Davis Dávila is the director of the State Personnel Development Grant and the Milwaukee Public Schools Initiative Grant at WI FACETS. Victoria received her Bachelor’s Degree from UW-Madison in 2007 and her Law Degree from Marquette University in 2011. Prior to joining WI FACETS, Victoria was an attorney in private practice, where her practice focused on disability law, including special education, guardianship, and juvenile law issues. She has served on non-profit boards, spoken on disability law topics for various groups, and volunteers for pro bono legal service providers. Victoria is the sister of a young man with physical and learning disabilities. She is recently married and lives in Milwaukee with her husband.
- Lori Karcherlkarcher@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511
- Martha Lechugamlechuga@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Martha Lechuga has worked with WI-FACETS since October, 2008. She is the Statewide Multicultural Specialist/Latino and Milwaukee Child Find Project Multicultural Specialist/Latino. Martha has been a Parent Mentor and Parent Volunteer, assisting Spanish-speaking families of children with autism since 2002. 2008 to present, She is the coordinator of the "Latino Autism Support Group". Martha came from Mexico 16 years ago and she lives with her husband and two children, Alfonso Jr. and Mariell who has autism.
- Bonnie Vander Meulenbvandermeulen@wifacets.org608-821-0730Read bio »Bonnie Vander Meulen is a licensed professional counselor with more than 40 years of counseling experience. She has worked extensively with students and families on all levels of the educational spectrum. She has previously served as the technical advisor for a Medicaid Infrastructure Grant through Pathways to Independence entitled Employment of Persons with Disabilities in Professional Positions. Previously, Bonnie completed her responsibilities as the primary facilitator for a Department of Education grant at the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater’s Center for Students with Disabilities. This extremely successful one year grant provided supported education for individuals with pervasive and persistent mental illness. The mother of a young adult with multiple disabilities, Bonnie advocates for children with special needs. She currently serves as the Trainer for Wisconsin FACETS, the Family Assistance Center for Education, Training and Support. Bonnie is responsible for the coordination and implementation of WI FACETS trainings for parents and professionals throughout the state.
- Wendy Overturfwoverturf@wifacets.org855-629-2199Read bio »Wendy started working for WIFACETS in the fall of 2012. She has been a professional educator for over 25 years and has held positions as a special education teacher, a disability consultant for Head Start, an Associate Principal and an elementary principal. Wendy retired in May 2012 from her fulltime position, after serving five years as school district superintendent. She attended UW-Whitewater for her undergraduate work, Marian University for her masters' level work and received her doctorate from Edgewood College in 2007. Her dissertation focused on topics related to special education. Working with children with special educational needs and their families has always been an integral part of her life both professionally and personally as her husband was a Director of Special Education for 30 years
- Nelsinia Ramos email@example.comRead bio »Nelsinia Ramos is the Parent Services Coordinator for WI FACETS, and has been with the organization since 2003. She coordinates statewide parent support and leads the agency’s Volunteer Parent Leader Program. She also works for the WI Special Education Mediation System as their Outreach Coordinator; and does multicultural work for the Region 4 PTAC, a grant funded by the U.S. Dept. of Education and managed by WI FACETS to provide technical assistance to 9 states in the Midwest. Nelsinia is completing her Bachelor’s Degree at Alverno College. She received her Associates Degree in Social Work from Milwaukee Area Technical College and her Non-Profit Management certification from UW-Milwaukee. Nelsinia is the parent of a young adult with autism and founder of the Latino Autism Support group. She currently serves on the National Military Parent TA Center Advisory Board. She is a former member of the Autism Society of Wisconsin Board of Directors and the National IDEA Partnership on Creating Agreement training team. From 2008 – 2011 Ramos led WI FACETS’ Youth Information, Training & Resource Center, a federal grant from the U.S. Administration on Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities.
- Chris Staggecstagge@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Chris Stagge is the Accounting and Development Assistant, coordinating annual WI FACETS fundraiser: Diamonds in the Rough. She also serves as the Region 4 PTAC Program Assistant, coordinating Region 4 Annual Parent Technical Assistance Center Conference. Chris has worked for disability related non-profit organizations since 1993, and with WI FACETS since October, 2008. Chris is the parent of two young adults, including a son with autism.
- Matthew Zellmermzellmer@wifacets.org414-374-4645877-374-0511Read bio »Matthew joined the WI FACETS staff in 2009 as the Transition Coordinator for the YITRC grant after serving on the project’s youth steering committee for two years. He also serves as the Director of the Milwaukee County Advocacy grant and is the Lead Helpdesk Specialist on the PTIC Grant. In addition, he serves on a number of state and local committees related to transition. Matthew graduated from UW-Whitewater in 2003 with a degree in broadcast journalism, then earned his Master’s in communication from there in 2006.