Self-Advocacy in Transition
Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6493923877610651394
During this professional development training, participants will explore a self-advocacy curriculum that assists students in becoming self-advocates and discovering their potential. This curriculum will cover the following topic areas around self-advocacy:
• The Importance of self-advocacy and how to become a self-advocate
• How to understand disabilities and identify the accommodations needed
• Employment options and how to advocate for them
• Understanding of disability law
• How to disclose a disability
• Educator online resources.
Jen Hilgendorf is the Southeastern Regional Coordinator for the Transition Improvement Grant. Prior to this she worked as a Special Education Teacher for The School District of New Berlin and Milwaukee Public Schools.
Workshop Registration Form
Registration is required for all WI FACETS–sponsored workshops. You may use the form below to register or you may register by contacting Sandra McFarland at 877-374-0511. If you use the form, please make sure to include the title and date of the event you are registering for.
All WI FACETS-sponsored workshops are free. Requests for any special accommodations must be made at least two weeks prior to the event. Please list any accommodations requested in the “Special Request” box below.